Disclosure: I received the following product free for an honest review which I’ve given. My opinions are my own and may differ from yours. This post contains affiliate links. I’ll receive compensation if you make a purchase.
Though most of us know and use turmeric as a spice, did you know that it has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years? I recently got to try Turmerex Turmeric. Though it is not exactly a product that you can immediately see working, knowing the health benefits of turmeric is enough for me.
What might those benefits be? Please note, always talk to your doctor if you are taking any medications to be sure this won’t interact with them. These statements have not been FDA approved. You know…you always have to say that when talking about supplements.
Here is a list of 10 health benefits of turmeric
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which can help ease pain due to inflammation.
- Curcumin, which is the active compound in turmeric and gives it the yellow color, has been shown to fight heart disease.
- Turmeric helps support brain health and has been used in Alzheimer’s studies.
- Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and helps combat oxidative stress on the body.
- Curcumin has been used in studies regarding depression with positive results.
- Turmeric can be used to fight heartburn.
- Turmeric can help detoxify your liver.
- Turmeric can help ward off strokes.
- Curcumin may help with weight loss as it stimulates the gallbladder to produce the bile which dissolves fats.
- Turmeric may help with glucose and insulin levels as well, which is another reason to check with your doctor. Monitor your blood sugar levels closely as you may notice them dropping if you take turmeric.
All in all, Turmerex is a great way to get turmeric into your diet. I know I don’t cook with it very often, so to get all of these possible benefits, I need to take it in a pill form.
What supplements have you added to your diets to help your health? Have you noticed benefits from taking them? I would love to hear!