On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
A Cowboy to Keep
by Karen Rock
Paperback & ebook, 384 pages
February 7th 2017 by Harlequin
Can’t stop running from the past
Dani Crawford has a secret…and if bounty hunter Jackson Cade finds out, he could ruin everything. The scarred yet handsome cowboy has tracked a dangerous criminal to the dude ranch Dani manages, and to get rid of Jack she’ll have to help him catch his man. But the closer they get to cornering their quarry the more Dani wants Jack to stay. Spending time with him is making her long for things she can never have thanks to a past mistake. And if the truth comes out she may be spending her future behind bars rather than safe in her cowboy’s arms…
Dani’s 10 Tips to Running a Dude Ranch
Howdy all! Dani Crawford, stable manager at the Mountain Sky Dude Ranch outside of Denver, Colorado has learned a lot on the job and she’s ready to share her tips to running a dude ranch.
- Carefully plan your horse line-up. Keep horses that don’t like each other apart, pair the right horse with the right human and always put the gassy horse in the back- lol.
- Advise your guests to bring cameras when trail riding and explore. The Continental Divide, the South Platte River, Pike’s National Forest and the great Rocky Mountains will make unforgettable pictures. Beware of exploring abandoned Copper Mines on the property, though. Guests have been known to disappear in them…
- Check horses in the pasture every day to make sure they’re healthy and haven’t been poached by outlaws hiding out on your property.
- Try fun, kid friendly games on the trail like having them hold their hands on the dry bark of an Aspen, then pressing their palms to their horse’s hindquarters, it’ll leave white handprints. Another fun activity is having kids lick Aspen leaves then sticking them to their skin.
- Share little known facts with guests like if you peel off a piece of Ponderosa pine bark, it will smell like butterscotch.
- Offer lots of other activities besides horseback riding like ziplining, hiking, white water rafting and fly fishing. Catching bandits, however, should be left to the professionals whenever possible.
- No fraternizing with employees, even handsome, brooding bounty hunters masquerading as wranglers… no matter how tempted you are.
- If you kissed said bounty hunter, best to keep it under your hat… and if it happens again… you’re in trouble, cowgirl!
- “It aint worth fussin’ about unless the bone is showin’ or you ain’t got no feelin’ in it…even then you should cowboy up and walk it off.”
- Sometimes it’s best to let your rifle do the talking.
About the Author
In a quest to provide her ELA students with quality reading material, educator Karen Rock read everything out there and couldn’t wait to add her voice to the genre. In addition to her work as a Young Adult romance novelist, she’s now an author for Harlequin’s Heartwarming line and thrilled to pen stories that moms can share with their teenage daughters. She’s loved Harlequin books since she spent summers going through her grandmother’s Presents books that she passed along in paper grocery bags each year.
As half of the writing duo J.K. Rock, Karen also pens young adult romance. When she’s not busy writing, Karen enjoys scouring estate sales for vintage books, cooking her grandmother’s family recipes, reinventing her gardens to suit her moods and occasionally rescuing local wildlife from neighborhood cats. She lives in the Adirondack Mountain region with her husband, her very appreciated beta-reader daughter, and two Cavalier King cocker spaniels, who have yet to understand the concept of “fetch” though they know a lot about love. For more information about Karen’s upcoming books, check out her website.
February 4th: Launch
Christy’s Cozy Corners
underneath the covers
Rockin’ Book Reviews
Katie’s Clean Book Collection
I Am A Reader
Nicole’s Book Musings
With Love for Books
Reading Is My SuperPower
Urban Book Reviews
The Silver Dagger Scriptorium
Hearts & Scribbles
Okie Dreams Book Reviews
Getting Your Read On
Thoughts of a Blonde
Becky on Books
Fire and Ice Book Reviews
Zerina Blossom’s Books
February 10th: Grand Finale
– 1 winner will win the above Prize Pack: 7 Paperbacks & a $50 Amazon Gift Card (US only)
– 1 winner will their choice of an ebook of one of Karen’s backlisted titles (open internationally)
– Ends February 14th