Quick and Easy Ways to Freshen Your Home
If you are thinking of moving, simply because your home is looking a little worn and could do with an upgrade, then think about renovating or updating the home instead. There are a lot of extra costs involved with moving home that can really add up. It could be a better idea to just upgrade and freshen the home. Here are some quick and easy ways to freshen your home that could really work for you:
- Create an accent wall by painting one of the walls a different, but complementary color. You could even make it a feature by making it a photo wall, for example.
- Paint the inside of closets or wardrobes. If you have a walk-in wardrobe, then this can be an easy way to update it and make it feel like new.
- Freshen your home with some plain colors on the walls and floors, and then add pops of color with accessories. This can work well in a kitchen with bright red blenders, kettles, and toasters, against white walls, for example.
Freshen Up Furniture
- Use a variety of fabrics and colors for things like cushions or throws. It is a good idea to make sure that there is a theme color throughout, though.
- Don’t throw out old furniture before checking the condition of them. On the surface they may look worn, but with sanding and varnishing, it could look like new.
- Move pieces of furniture around your home. Just because there is a bookcase in your bedroom, it doesn’t mean it has to stay there. Moving it could freshen your home.
Think of the Bathroom
- Having a bathroom that is clean and bright can make a difference. So get rid of any thick blinds or curtains, and keep the colors in there light and airy.
- Consider upgrading your bath to a more modern style, like a freestanding bathtub, similar to the ones found here: www.kardiel.com/Modern-tubs/modern-freestanding-bathtubs.
- Lighting and mirrors are important in bathrooms, especially if they are a little on the smaller side. So a new mirror or vanity unit could be a good idea.
- Think about adding things like baskets onto open shelving to keep items in, rather than them all being on display. It makes it look instantly neater and a lot more modern.
- You could add some new pieces of furniture that double up as storage, so then you get the best of both worlds. Add things like footstools with hidden storage, a storage bench or ottoman beds like the ones from www.beds.com.uk/.
- To help with the storage that you already have, it could be a good idea to install things like Lazy Susans in your kitchen units or add in new pullout drawers.
- If you have hardwood floors, then all you need to do to get them looking like new is re-sand them and give them a fresh coat of varnish.
- Use rugs to break up large areas of flooring. It can help them to look like new, as well as add plenty of color.