Today is the day we’ve been waiting for for 14 years! INCREDIBLES 2 is in theatres, and you don’t want to miss it! I’ve been even more excited since attending the Incredibles 2 Event in San Francisco! Grab your ticket and supersuit and go see this epic sequel.
In INCREDIBLES 2 Helen is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet, Dash and baby Jack-Jack—whose super powers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone by their side. That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Incredibles 2 Event
Have you been following my INCREDIBLES 2 posts? I had a blast in San Francisco for the INCREDIBLES 2 Event in early April. While I was there, I got to do some amazing things like tour Pixar Animation Studios, see the brand new Pixar short BAO, and learn a ton about animating a Pixar film. I haven’t seen the full film yet, but I did get to screen the first 20 minutes and 2 other scenes from INCREDIBLES 2. I can’t wait to watch the entire thing. From what I’ve seen and heard, we’re going to love it. I’ve heard that Jack-Jack and Edna steal the show. Not surprising! And, of course, there are the new “supers” in this movie! I can’t wait to meet them.
What’s your favorite part of the INCREDIBLES 2 trailer? Mine is the “New Math” part. “Why would they change math? Math is math. Math is math!” I feel you, Bob.
5 fun facts from Incredibles 2
- DADDY DOLDRUMS – In INCREDIBLES 2, Bob finds that keeping up with three kids, including a toddler with newly revealed super powers, is challenging—and tiring. Filmmakers strategically dressed the character to reflect his state of mind. The more tired Bob gets, the more grays and beiges he wears. And as he begins to take charge again, his wardrobe reflects his newfound confidence.
- BIG FISH – The design of billionaire businessman Winston Deavor went through many iterations before filmmakers determined that the character’s determination and drive was reflective of a shark. Winston’s look took on sharp angles, and the slant of his forehead resembles a shark fin. He even wears a sharkskin suit.
- PURRFECT – Winston’s super-smart sister Evelyn has the same tilt to her eyes that Winston sports, but artists chose a different animal to inspire her look. The character was often compared to a cat who is laidback, confident and comfortable wherever she goes.
- RIBBIT – Artists were challenged when writer-director Brad Bird created a wannabe Super character, Reflux, whose super power is to heave hot lava. Making the character appealing was a huge challenge until artists turned to the frog for inspiration.
- SIX PACK – All of the original characters were enhanced for INCREDIBLES 2 due to advances in technology that allowed filmmakers to achieve the looks they originally designed. Frozone’s upgrades included an admirable set of ab muscles.
So cool, right?
More Incredibles 2 Event Posts
If you missed any of my posts from this amazing event, I’d love it if you’d go read them now. Here’s a list for you to easily find your way!
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarTheIncredibles/
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheIncredibles
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theincredibles/
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here: http://disney.com/incredibles2
See INCREDIBLES 2 in theatres everywhere now!