I’ll admit it. The first time I watched THE GOOD DINOSAUR was this week. It came out when my kids were not kids, and I just wasn’t too excited about it. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it, and I just didn’t get around to watching it. I was wrong. I’ll admit that too. It’s adorable and funny, and just like the rest of the Disney Pixar movies, heartwarming. It doesn’t matter if you or your kids love dinosaurs or not. You all will love it!
The Good Dinosaur
It’s the sixteenth week of Pixar Fest, and this week we’re obviously talking about THE GOOD DINOSAUR. There doesn’t seem to be much going on related to THE GOOD DINOSAUR at Pixar Fest, but we’ve still got to include it in a Pixar at home celebration!
I’ve got a wordsearch below which you can print by clicking the link, and Life, Family, Joy has a DIY Rock Painting craft project on her blog. I’m also sharing the Easter Eggs in THE GOOD DINOSAUR and a couple more ideas to make movie night fun!
Easter Eggs in The Good Dinosaur
- The Luxo Ball is in the scene where Arlo and Spot are hallucinating. If you look closely, you’ll see that one of the berries is the Luxo Ball!
- A-113 is on the fence on Arlo’s family’s land.
- The Pizza Planet Truck is hidden in a rock formation where you can just make out the shape of a truck.
- John Ratzenberger is in every Pixar film. In this one, he plays Earl, one of the longhorn rustling dinos.
- Hank from Finding Dory is in an underwater scene.
How many words…
When you were in school did you ever play the “filler” game where you make words out of other words? See how many words you can make from these words: APATOSAURUS, TRICERATOPS, and VELOCIRAPTOR.
Pin for Later