Let’s face it. Not everyone is a fan of pumpkin pie. Shocking, I know! When I was a kid, I pretty much just wanted the whipped cream, not the pie. These cute turkey cupcakes are a great idea…especially for the kids! You know, if you really get pressed for time, you don’t even have to make the cupcakes from scratch…just pretend you did!
If you’re looking for a cute Thanksgiving dessert, look no further! These turkey cupcakes will be a hit!
Cute Turkey Cupcakes
If you're looking for a cute Thanksgiving dessert, look no further! These turkey cupcakes will be a hit!
- 1/2 cup lukewarm coffee
- 2 tbsp lukewarm coffee
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sour cream full fat
- 2 tbsp sour cream full fat
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 1 large bag M & M's red, yellow, orange, blue only
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- 1 bag Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kisses
- orange gel coloring
- 1 box red hots
- piping bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
Using a small bowl, whisk together the lukewarm coffee and cocoa powder until smooth and no lumps remain. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Using a standing mixer beat the egg, egg yolk, and sugar on medium high speed until pale yellow in color.
Add the sour cream and mix until combined, followed by the canola oil.
- Add the flour mixture all at once and mix until combined.
- Add the cocoa mixture and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full with the batter and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 12-15 minutes.
Let cupcakes cool in the pan for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Unwrap 10-14 hershey kisses and set aside
- Using a small microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 of the white chocolate
- Mix in 2-3 drops of the orange gel food coloring and mix until combined
- Dip the tip of the of the hershey kiss into the orange chocolate
- Place a red hot onto the bottom side of the of the "beak" to create the gobble
- Using another small bowl, melt the remaining white chocolate
- Scoop the melted white chocolate into a piping bag and cut the tip off
- Pipe 20-28 small white dots onto the cookie sheet
- Place the blue M&M's onto the white dots to create the eyes
- Using the black cake icing, pipe small dots for the pupils
Allow to dry for 1 hour
- Once dry, carefully peel off the parchment paper
- Pipe a small dot of the black icing onto the back of the eyes and place onto the side of the beak
- Using the chocolate icing, frosting the cupcakes
- Using 8 red m&m's, create the top layer of the feathers on a cupcake
Using 6 orange m&m's, create the second layer of the feathers
- Using 4 yellow m&m's, create the third layer of the feathers
- Place the hershey kiss into the front center of the feathers
Pin for Later