Can you believe it is the year 2020? Me neither! Didn’t we just have that Y2K scare? I guess I blinked! Well, it is 2020, and with the new year we get new premieres on Acorn TV!
I’d also love to introduce you to iHeartBritishTV.com. They recently released their premiere magazine 2019 British TV Year in Review that is filled with everything you need to know about your favorite British TV shows.
Here’s just some of what you’ll get in the magazine:
- Tributes to British TV shows that ended in 2019
- British TV talents we’ve lost in 2019
- Upcoming new and returning shows for 2020
- Celebrity interviews
- Behind-the-scenes features
- Details about 2019 British TV Christmas specials
- NO ADVERTISEMENTS
The 2019 British TV Year in Review magazine is 68 pages long (72 including the covers).
I definitely recommend that all British TV fans get a copy! You’ll also love the puzzle books on their site! Head over to see what they’ve got for you!
Acorn TV 2020
AMC Networks’ leading streaming service for Britain and Beyond has the following exclusive premieres for the offering in January 2020:
Ackley Bridge offers a gritty, funny, and truthful look into the daily drama of teachers, teenagers, and families whose lives and cultures collide when two schools are integrated after years of racial segregation in a small Yorkshire town. Series 3 has its exclusive U.S. Premiere on Monday, January 13, 2020.
THE BROKENWOOD MYSTERIES
The hit New Zealand mystery, with new episodes, premieres Mondays beginning Jan. 6.
Puzzles are, by their nature, endlessly intriguing. There’s something about a murder mystery that is forever compelling. The elements are timeless.
The comfortable, somewhat homely location- in our story, a small, vaguely familiar rural town.
The hero- a solid, dependable cop with more than a few flaws but a twinkle in his eye – often underestimated by both friends and enemies.
The crime. Macabre, inventive and totally mystifying.
The suspects. Always a collection of quirky, complex characters driven by different but classical desires: love, revenge, pride, lust, envy, greed or hatred.
In the deadly but picturesque town of Brokenwood all these elements are bubbling, seething and coalescing into; The Brokenwood Mysteries.
This award-winning Canadian series unrolls new episodes on Mondays with more whodunnit intrigue and its trademark engaging stories. They’ve got weekly premiering episodes through April 13, 2020.
More in January
Also, in January, Acorn TV adds the following premieres:
· THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY, the story of the famous robbery from the perspective of both the cops and crooks starring Jim Broadbent and Luke Evans (Monday, January 27, 2020)
· TERRY PRATCHETT’s GOING POSTAL, an entertaining adaptation of the comic novel by the bestselling author, starring Richard Coyle, David Suchet and Charles Dance
(Monday, January 6, 2020)
· DEAD LUCKY, the Australian detective drama starring Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actress Rachel Griffiths (Six Feet Under) (Monday, January 20)
· HIDDEN BRITAIN BY DRONE, a thrilling, historic aerial journey of the United Kingdom from the air, hosted by famed travel enthusiast and TV personality Tony Robinson (Monday, January 20)
· THE SILENCE is an intriguing mystery series about a deaf girl who witnesses a murder. (Monday, January 27, 2020)
· THE FAMILY FARM, the BBC documentary/competition series of three families trying to live as farmers
(Monday, January 6, 2020)