This is the news you’ve been waiting for, young Jedi. STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER is coming to Digital and Blu-ray next month! You know what huge Star Wars fans we are in this house. If you haven’t seen this film yet, go read my daughter’s spoiler free review. You’ve seen it? Great! You can read the review with spoilers! Whether you’ve seen it or not, you’re going to want to own this final film in the great Star Wars saga.
“Everything you want from a Star Wars film.” —Owen Gleiberman, Variety
STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
The ninth and final episode in the Skywalker saga welcomed the return of many of the original characters.
It also introduced several new characters whom I’d love to see in future Star Wars story films.
In-home release trailer
Digital, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD
As you can probably guess, you’re going to have choices when it comes to purchasing your copy of the film. STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER is packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their at-home viewing experience.
The Multiscreen Edition includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy, giving viewers the flexibility to watch the film on different devices.
Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K UHD Ultimate Collector’s Edition, including 4K UHD, Blu-ray and a Digital copy. 4K Ultra HD provides four times the resolution of HD paired with fully immersive picture and sound and Dolby Atmos audio, allowing viewers at home to practically feel the Force.
You’ve also got the option of purchasing THE SKYWALKER SAGA from Best Buy. I’ve checked their website, and it’s not quite clear on what all is included besides the theatrical versions of all nine films.
I’m sure other stores will have special editions of the film as well as box sets of the entire saga. No matter what edition you buy, I’m sure they’ll all have awesome bonus features.
Bonus features include*
- The Skywalker Legacy – The story lives forever in this feature-length documentary that charts the making of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- Pasaana Pursuit: Creating the Speeder Chase – Dive into the making of the movie’s epic landspeeder chase and discover how this spectacular sequence was brought to the screen.
- Aliens in the Desert – See what it took to create the Pasaana desert scenes, from the sheer scale and complexity of the shoot to its colorful details.
- D-O: Key to the Past – Explore the ship that connects Rey to the mystery of her missing parents and get to know the galaxy’s newest, irresistible droid.
- Warwick & Son – Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, dons the Ewok costume once more; this time joined by his son Harrison.
- Cast of Creatures – The team behind the film’s memorable creatures reveal the puppetry, makeup, prosthetics and digital magic that bring them to life!
- The Maestro’s Finale – Composer John Williams reflects on his body of work for the Star Wars saga and shares insights on scoring Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Follow the film on social media below