Welcome to the Prism Book Tours book tour for The Crownless King by Kara Linaburg. Stop by each blog for excerpts and reviews from the book!
On Tour with Prism Book Tours
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive compensation at no cost to you.
The Crownless King (The Broken Prince #2)
by Kara Linaburg
Paperback & ebook, 275 Pages
September 1, 2020
She won’t meet her worst enemy on the battlefield…
War is brewing and the kingdom of Sindaleer is torn as the Knights of Norcir draw the folk to their side. When Sabriel, a specially Gifted, pledges her blood to their cause, she is ready to give all to bring the peace her leader promises. She understands Tirich’s deep hatred toward the king, and has prepared for this moment all her life.But when her identity as a knight is discovered by the childhood friend who betrayed her years ago, Sabriel’s plans for justice come toppling down. Now distracted by what once was, Sabriel fights to hold onto what she’s believed to be true for so long.
Nick never forgot the red-headed lass of years past, but she’s not the friend he remembers. As enemies connected by their past take opposing sides on their country’s freedom, Nick refuses to believe what she’s become.
Voices warning Sabriel she’ll never succeed, and loyalties torn, she begins to realize that all is not as it seems. Tirich’s power is growing stronger, and she fears she was wrong about the good she once saw in him.
The concluding book following The Broken Prince, reminds us of the inner war we all face, and what it means to rise from the ashes when all hope feels lost.
(Affiliate link included.)
Other Books in the Series
The Broken Prince (The Broken Prince #1)
by Kara Linaburg
Paperback & ebook, 217 Pages
June 3, 2019
In all the fairy tales the maiden falls in love with the prince…but she has to remember that this isn’t a fairy tale…
Born into a kingdom where those of magical Gifts are rejected, feared, and even killed, Serena has spent her life striving to hide her ability and keep her younger brother safe.
The bastard son of the hated king and father he hardly knows, Prince Milosh is considered an outcast. He never expects to feel anything but contempt for the peasant girl who unexpectedly shows up in his life, forcing him to answer questions he never wished to ask.
When two very different worlds are thrown together under less than desirable circumstances, both hold deep judgement towards the other. But will they learn to see beyond their stations and birth so that they may defeat the coming darkness, or will labels given to them at birth continue to define them?
A heart-stopping tale about the power of human love, and how each of us are never truly alone.
(Affiliate link included.)
Guest Post: Five Things to Know if You’re Gifted
Gifted (noun.) A person who was born with an ability that is abnormal and potentially dangerous
- Learning you are a Gifted isn’t easy. For some, you always know, but for others it’s a learning process, something you discover as you grow.
- If you’re Gifted…it’s not recommended you use your Gift (not if you live in Sindaleer). Gifteds are slowly being accepted now that the law is lifted that once banned the use of Gifts, but we’re still feared more often than not. Folk are still killed and feared even if using their abilities are no longer illegal.
- If you’re Gifted, you probably have the Marks. Markings are tattooed X’s on your wrists branding you as a dangerous human. While the branding of Gifteds is now illegal now that Milosh is on the throne of Sindaleer, his reign is still new, and many will forever bear the Mark from dark days past.
- You’re probably an outcast. We Gifteds have learned to keep to ourselves out of fear for our lives and the lives of those we love. We don’t have many friends. We’re different. Sometimes we become hermits because life just seems simpler in the woods.
- We’re called ‘dangerous’ because we can do what most can’t, but aren’t we all dangerous in our own right no matter if we’re a Gifted or not? Maybe I can make stories come alive and my friend can shoot fire and you can hit a deer with a clean shot and the other guy can speak so eloquently he can persuade anyone of anything…aren’t we all dangerous….?
About the Author of The Crownless King
Kara Linaburg is most content sipping an iced chai while watching the sun set over the mountains of her home in West Virginia. When she’s not dreaming about her next adventure or being a mad scientist in the kitchen, you can find on www.thebeautifullybrokenblog.com where she strives for authenticity and beauty in a broken world. The Crownless King is her second novel.
Enter the Tour Giveaway ENDED
One winner will receive a signed print copy of The Broken Prince and a dagger replica
Ends September 9, 2020