Although 2020 is hardly the year of traveling due to the pandemic, tourists show strong demand for adventure. According to the recent Vacation Survey, the majority of respondents (95%) want to go on vacation in 2020 or 2021. This means that as soon as the epidemiological situation stabilizes, we are going to see a major increase in the number of travelers around the globe.
While visiting new places is fun, it requires significant travel preparations to truly enjoy it. Otherwise, you risk destroying your vacation by forgotten documents, favorite clothes, or lost tickets. To ease the burden, we have made up a to-do list before traveling that will help you organize everything in advance.
Make Travel Arrangements
It’s only logical that the first step of travel preparations is finalizing all the arrangements. They include:
- Train, bus, or plane tickets. If you are traveling by car, inspect the vehicle to make sure that it’s safe to drive hundreds of miles away from home.
- Accommodation: hotels, hostels, rented apartments, or villas.
- Visa, if required.
- Insurance that will be valid for the whole trip.
- Money: cash and credit cards. Make sure you have enough money deposited in your bank accounts to last the whole trip.
- Copies of important documents, including passports, tickets, bookings, and insurance.
While the last two points can be made several days before departure, tickets, accommodation, Visas, and insurance should be prepared in advance. According to Google, people usually book hotels and flights 12 weeks before a trip.
Also, don’t forget to inform your relatives or close friends about your travel itineraries for safety reasons.
Pack in Advance
Packing is a rather tiresome and long process, which requires prior planning. You need to:
- Think through your wardrobe – don’t take a lot of similar clothes; it’s better to diversify. Take something warm and something light. Moreover, pack clothes that match. In other words, choose mix-and-match outfits for every day of your trip.
- Medicine and first aid supplies – even if you don’t need to take specific medicine regularly, take all the basics with you. You may not find them fast in case of an emergency.
- All the documents – prepare a special folder for all the documents and collect them in advance. This way, you won’t forget any.
Think through the Following
If you want to know how to prepare for travel completely, consider these small hacks:
- Think through where you will store valuables: preferably, it should be a small body-cross bag, where you will put your passport, tickets, money, and phone. It’s better to avoid backpacks as someone can easily rob you.
- Plan how you will entertain yourself on the way: you can take a book or game. However, don’t overload yourself. It’s better to download software like PDFChef, PDF2Go, ilovePDF, or PDF Converter to read e-books – and to work with PDF documents on-the-go, if you need to go through some important docs.
- Learn some local words: you are likely to need them since not everyone speaks English. The best solution is to download an offline translator like Google Translate or make some notes on your smartphone.
With these simple steps, you are likely to enjoy your trip like never before. You can adapt the list according to your needs – just do this in advance. With this well-thought-out checklist, you won’t wonder how to get ready for vacation anymore.