Teen Beach Movie
Yeah, I’m not a teen. In fact, I’m a mom to a 20 year old and a 17 year old. That’s beside the point. I LOVE Teen Beach Movie. It is an adorable family movie that airs, I dunno, maybe 50 times a month? Okay, maybe not. But, regardless, if I see that it is on, I turn it on and watch at least half of it. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the entire Teen Beach Movie…probably ten, twenty…whatever. I’ve seen it a lot of times, and I just love it. Haven’t seen it? Here’s the summary:
Two surfing lovers, whose doomed relationship is nearing to a close, find themselves swept into a time-traveling tidal wave that transports them to the 60s, where they find themselves during filming of a beach musical movie.
Why I watch Teen Beach Movie every time it is on
So why do I love this cheesy sounding movie? I’m glad you asked! Here are the “Reasons I Watch Teen Beach Movie (every time it’s on)”….
- The main characters are actually talented. Ross Lynch plays on Disney’s Austin and Ally, another show that as a mom, I watch. It is a hilarious show with hilarious acting. Ross also plays many instruments and sings. He’s in a band with his siblings! Maia Mitchell is an amazing singer/songwriter/actress. These two play their parts perfectly in the movie.
- The premise is hilarious. Two surfers get sucked under the water and end up in a cheesy beach movie called Wet Side Story, which just happens to be one of Brady’s favorite movies. And, it is a musical!
- Both of my kids love the movie, so we can watch together 🙂
- The supporting cast can act too! They have that 60’s movie vibe down!
- The Angry Birds reference…..
- The awesome random dance numbers
- Can’t Stop Singing!
- The “not wet” hair
- Girl Power!
- The villains
- The very end, end with the phone
So there you have it! Some of the reasons I love Teen Beach Movie and MUST watch it when I see that it is on television. I just heard that there will be a Teen Beach Movie 2. Oh, I know sequels are never as good as the originals, but I have high hopes for this one. Kowabunga!
*All photos from Google Images