“This review was made possible by iConnect and Luvs. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine.”
Just in case no one has told you, babies are expensive! The latest statistics say that raising a child from birth to age 18 will cost you over $230,000! Now that is just the average, so if you are more frugal and do things to cut your costs, you can save a significant amount of money. And really, even if it cost much more than that, I know we wouldn’t trade our kids for any amount of money. Here are a few easy ways to save money when you have a baby.
8 Ways to Save Money When You Have a Baby
- Borrow or buy baby furniture at a second hand store. Now, you don’t want to borrow or buy a used car seat, but things like swings, cribs in good condition, bouncers, diaper pails and high chairs are all things on which you can save a significant amount of money.
- Save on baby clothes by not overbuying! You can buy baby clothes used to save money, but if you buy a whole bunch, you’re still not saving a lot. Though it is fun dressing up your little one, they don’t need a lot of clothes.
- If it is at all possible, breastfeed your baby! Not only is it healthier for your baby, you will save so much money on bottles and formula.
- Make your own baby food using a blender or Magic Bullet. If you wait until the recommended age to start baby foods, you’re going to save a lot anyway. Be sure to check with your doctor before starting your baby on food. Back when I was a baby, they made us eat when we were only 6 weeks old! No wonder I was screaming all the time (mom!).
- When you need a babysitter, trade services with a friend! If you’ve got friends with young ones too, I’m sure they’d appreciate being able to grocery shop without taking the kids along every time. If you don’t have someone to trade with, ask grandma and grandpa! I’m sure they’d love to help out.
- Don’t buy expensive toys. You’ll find that your baby will be more happy playing with pots and pans than they are with costly toys.
- Make your own baby wipes. Check out this tutorial on how to make your own baby wipes.
- Use coupons! It may seem like common sense, but when you find a high value coupon for something like Luvs. In fact I’ve got one to share with you. If you click on the image below, you can go print a $1 off of Luvs coupon right now! You can use this wherever Luvs are sold. The coupon is good for 30 days after you print it.
What Makes Luvs Great
Experienced moms know that Luvs are great. I used them with my kids and loved them, and now they are even better with Ultra Leakguards.
- Featuring Super Absorbent Leakguards and NightLock Plus™, its largest absorbency area ever, Luvs Diapers lock away wetness and absorb even more than regular Luvs.
- With the large refastenable stretch tabs, fastening Luvs diapers is super easy for moms. You can rest assured knowing that you’re giving your baby a secure, snug fit again and again.
- Luvs knows that between laundry, play dates, snack time, and nap time, you don’t have time for leaks. Luvs makes life easier for busy Moms by helping to keep leaks in the diaper where they belong, so baby stays dry and comfortable, even overnight.
- A contoured shape hugs your baby for a great fit and a super soft cottony material. They are softer than ever before.
- Luvs provides a money back guarantee, They feel so strongly about Luvs that they guarantee them! If you aren’t satisfied with the leakage protection of Luvs, they will refund your money. Go to www.luvsdiapers.com, for details on the refund.
- Luvs diapers are available in sizes newborn through 6, feature fun designs in every pack, and can be found at mass, discount and grocery stores where baby care products are sold.