When you’re a mom, you have to sacrifice. You know this. If you became a mom in the 90s, you watched Barney and Blues Clues and Telletubbies…okay, all us moms from the 90s had a crush on Steve, so Blues Clues wasn’t a sacrifice. But then our kids got older, and their tastes in television viewing get cooler. They go from toddler, preschool shows to tween shows. One of those cooler shows that I got to watch with my tween was AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER. Fifteen years ago, my daughter was 10, and by the time the series ended, she was almost 14. We love(d) this show and looked forward to new episodes. To celebrate the 15th anniversary, Nickelodeon is releasing the first ever SteelBook edition of the complete series.
Water, Earth, Fire, Air. Four nations. One war-torn world.
Avatar: The Last Airbender SteelBook
Nickelodeon’s critically-acclaimed, Emmy® award-winning series receives the SteelBook® treatment as Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Complete Series Blu-ray 15th Anniversary Limited Edition Steelbook Collection arrives on February 18, 2020.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive compensation at no cost to you.
The 3-book collection features stunning new artwork by artist Caleb Thomas. Each book features a different element (Water, Earth, and Fire) and the covers combining to form a beautiful triptych. Thomas was handpicked to design the collection’s covers after series co-creator Bryan Konietzko became a fan of Thomas’ art style on social media.
If you want this, you are going to want to pre-order it because the collection’s production run will be limited to 20,000 units!
This stunning artwork was created by artist Caleb Thomas and now we have a few more images to share with you. Below you will find the new art that makes up the backside covers of the 3 collectible Steelbooks. I don’t know about you, but I want them all!
About the series
AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER aired on Nickelodeon from February 2005 through July 2008. It garnered both critical and audience acclaim while also winning Annie®, Genesis®, Primetime Emmy®, and Peabody® awards. AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER was created by Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino. Their creation is genius level. This show had such an amazing, exciting storyline, and it was hilarious. I loved the characters! Speaking of the characters, the voice actors were so talented! I bet you have a favorite character. Yeah, yeah. I love them all too, but Sokka holds top spot for me…okay, the cabbage dude too.
- Book One: Water
- Season 1 – 20 episodes – Aired 2/21/05 – 12/2/05
- Book Two: Earth
- Season 2 – 18 episodes – Aired 3/17/06 – 12/1/06
- Book Three: Fire
- Season 3 – 16 episodes – Aired 9/21/07 – 7/19/08
Bonus content in Avatar: The Last Airbender’s Anniversary Edition
Book One: Water
- Behind the Scenes Kung Fu Featurette
- The Making of Avatar – From Real Life to Animation
- Behind the Scenes: The Voices of Avatar
- Ask the Creators Featurette
- Original Uncut Animatic – Episode # 15: Bato of the Water Tribe
- 4 Audio Commentaries with Creator, Cast & Crew
- Features Dee Bradley Baker (voices of Momo and Appa), Ben Wynn (sound effects), Aaron Ehasz (Head Writer) and Co-Creators: Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino
- Behind the Scenes with the Avatar Cast & Crew
- Avatar Pilot Episode with Audio Commentary
- The Making of Avatar – Inside the Sound Studios
- The Making of Avatar – Inside the Korean Animation Studios
Book Two: Earth
- Original Uncut Animatic – Episode # 21: The Avatar State
- 7 Audio Commentaries by Creators, Cast & Crew
- Interview with Creators and M. Night Shyamalan
- The Essence of Bending with Bryan Konietzko and Sifu Kisu
- Avatar Super Deformed Shorts
- Bending Battle
- Swamp Skiin’ Throwdown
- School Time Shipping
- Escape From the Spirit World: Animated Graphic Novel
Book Three: Fire
- 1 Audio Commentaries by Creators, Cast & Crew
- The Women of Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Book 3 Finale Pencil Test Animation
- Into the Fire Nation at San Diego Comic-Con
The fan-favorite series has spawned a beloved animated sequel series, The Legend of Korra, as well as an upcoming live-action remake (with its original creators) to be produced for Nickelodeon and Netflix. Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Complete Series 15th Anniversary Limited Edition Steelbook Collection will be available on February 18, 2020 from Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon Home Entertainment for $97.99.
Pre-order this Limited Edition SteelBook