He’s just not a people person! Universal Pictures Home Entertainment reignites a classic character, as Robert Downey Jr. (Avengers: Endgame, Sherlock Holmes) stars in DOLITTLE. Get it on Digital TODAY and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on April 7, 2020!
Own the movie all the animals are talking about! Go an epic journey with a hilarious always cold bear, an anxious gorilla, a lovable giraffe, a ferocious tiger, and more! Fly behind-the-scenes with Robert Downey Jr. and the star-studded cast to explore the wild world of DOLITTLE.
I received this film free to review; however, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive compensation at no cost to you.
Robert Downey Jr. electrifies as the man who could talk to animals: DOLITTLE.
After losing his wife, he hermits himself away behind the high wall of his manor. However, he is forced to set sail on an epic adventure when the queen falls gravely ill. Helping Dolittle in search of a rare cure are his rambunctious animal friends—including Chee-Chee, an anxious, self-conscious gorilla; Dab-Dab, an enthusiastic but bird-brained duck; the bickering duo of cynical, neurotic ostrich Plimpton and chilly-but-chill polar bear Yoshi; as well as a headstrong parrot named Polynesia.
Trailer for Dolittle home release
Review of Dolittle
I may have seen the original Doctor Dolittle a LONG time ago. I say may even though I’ve always thought I did see it. However, I was convinced that Fred MacMurray starred in it, and he didn’t. You know, when you’re a kid you get lots of stuff mixed up! Anyway, I knew that Doctor Dolittle talked to animals and there was a song in it. That’s about it. I never saw any of the many incarnations of the movie until DOLITTLE.
Robert Downey Jr. is incredible as Doctor Dolittle. I mean, he’s incredible in everything he’s in basically so there’s that. But, I was pleasantly surprised that at no time during DOLITTLE did I think I was watching Iron Man or Sherlock try to play Doctor Dolittle. He completely embraced this character. I love the way he interacts with Stubbins who, despite the good doctors protests, joins in on the adventure as Dolittle’s apprentice.
This movie is a lot of fun. The actors who voice the characters do so to perfection. There is adventure, excitement, and lots of humor in DOLITTLE. It’s a great movie to watch with your family. During this time of complete upheaval around the world, we’ve got to remember to laugh. After all, laughter is the best medicine. It’s easy to get caught up in our own stuff, that we forget our kids are watching us. Don’t get caught up in your own stuff! Relax, make some snacks, and enjoy watching DOLITTLE as a family!
How To Communicate With Animals
Activity Sheets and more
Spend your next movie night with DOLITTLE! Whip up some Yoshi Marshmallow Pops, print and fold your own popcorn bucket, and even play movie bingo! Download it all now below!
- TALK TO THE ANIMALS – Dolittle is surrounded by a motley cast of characters. Take a peek at all the fun the cast had giving each of the animals their unique voice.
- ROBERT DOWNEY JR. & HARRY: MENTOR AND MENTEE – Acting opposite a legendary actor like Robert Downey Jr. can be an intimidating experience, but Harry Collett handled it like a pro. See the unique bond the two actors formed on-set, and how Downey took the film’s young co-star under his wing.
- BECOMING THE GOOD DOCTOR – See the process of how this team of talented artists brought this film to life, and how Robert Downey Jr. transformed into the iconic Dolittle.
- ANTONIO BANDERAS: PIRATE KING – Antonio Banderas discusses what attracted him to the project, his experiences working with Robert Downey Jr., and what he brought to the role of King Rassouli.
- THE WICKED DR. MÜDFLY – Who is the nefarious villain Dr. Blair Müdfly? Michael Sheen dives into his character’s motivations for being Dolittle’s foil.
- A MOST UNUSUAL HOUSE – It takes a special home to accommodate humans and animals alike. Explore the unique rooms and modifications that allow Dolittle to house anyone or anything – big or small.