Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Beau-coup and will earn a small commision if you make a purchase with my links.
My daughter has several friends that are older than she is, so she’s been to several baby showers lately. I’ve been to many in my day too, but my friends are done having babies! Now I am looking forward to a new little great niece’s arrival in two weeks. There are so many cute themes for baby showers these days. Back when I was having babies, showers were either pink or blue themed with fun baby shower games , food and gifts. If you are planning a baby shower, I’ve got some adorable owl themed baby shower ideas for you.
Owl Themed Baby Shower
I know a lot of people who love owls, and if the mom-to-be loves them, Beau-coup and Swoozies have what you need for an owl themed baby shower.
- Invitations: These cute owl invitations from Swoozies are adorable! I love the little saying at the top. These come in either pink or blue. You should send out invitations to the baby shower when mom is about 5 or 6 months pregnant. Send them 4 weeks before the shower, so people will have plenty of time to plan and RSVP. Make sure you okay the “who to invite” list with mom before you send invitations out. You don’t want to forget anyone important or invite anyone she’d rather not see.
- Decorations: If you purchase the owl themed kit, it comes with these items:
- 1 Pennant Banner – 9 triangles total (size 5″ x 6.25″ per triangle, string not included)
- 1 Party Sign (blank in center as shown, size 8.5″ x 11″)
- 25 Striped Straws
- 24 Cupcake Wrappers/Toppers with coordinating themed labels
- 12 Menu / Place Cards (size 1.9″ x 3.7″)
- 32 Decorative Stickers with assorted designs (size 1.25″ round)
You’ll also want table decorations as well as plates and cups to go with your theme. Not everything has to have owls on it when you have an owl themed baby shower. You can mix things up with items in the same color scheme. Plus you can personalize everything with labels like these.
- Setting the table: For the place settings, I think these Toot Sweets Plates are adorable. They come in pastel colors that would be great for a boy or a girl. You can mix and match the sizes and colors with different colored napkins and plasticware that are available for sale too.
- The food: Cupcakes seem to be the go-to desserts for showers and parties these days. I love that idea. When you have a sheet cake, you can end up with a lot of leftovers! These cupcake wrappers and toppers come in assorted colors and the toppers can be personalized with the owl stickers or you could just choose to personalize them with a baby banner or buggy. You can find lots of ideas for owl themed foods online, so I won’t go into all of that here.
- The games: No baby shower would be complete without games! Here are just a few ideas, and I’m sure you can find many more!
What are your ideas for an owl baby shower? I’d love to hear what you’d add!