I received a free copy of Cars 3 as part of a Disney Press trip. All opinions are mine.
Cars 3 is now on Blu-ray
Honestly, writing this post makes me a little sad. If you missed my Pixar Cars Then and Now post, go read it, and you’ll see what I mean. Mamas, hold your babies for as long as they’ll let you! They grow up way too fast.
But here’s the thing…while I was setting this up, I had Mack closed up, and Kyle came up and opened him and said, “Lightning needs to be in here.” He’s 20 years old now, but he’s still a kid at heart. I’m so glad I was chosen to be part of this CARS 3 Blu-ray release celebration. It brought back so many memories.
When I got these Cars out, I remembered how Kyle wanted ALL the sets. There are a lot of duplicates because they usually came in twos, but he played with them all. I think Santa is going to have to find some Cars 3 sets for his stocking this year….just for the fun of it.
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
CARS 3 Movie Review
I adored this movie! I think it is just a tiny bit behind the first movie for me. The only reason I love the first more is due to the fact that the first one made Kyle love Route 66 so much. That is my ultimate dream road trip. I hope we can do it while he still wants to be with his mom on vacations…you know…as long as I’m paying!
CARS 3 feels a lot like the first movie. There are a lot of nostalgic moments with Doc Hudson memories. If you have seen the movie, and I hope you have, you know that Lightning and Cruz visit one of the old tracks that Doc used to race at and spend time training there. They meet several of Doc’s old racing friends who talk about Doc and the “old days” of racing. That’s definitely one of my favorite parts.
I love how Lightning, in spite of his challenges, still gives it his all on the race track. He stays true to himself, and he keeps his friends close. And just in case you haven’t seen it yet, I won’t spoil the ending, but it will make you smile and cry a little. I’m not sure if this will be the final CARS movie, but I think that if it is it ended on a great note. CARS 3 is such a heartwarming movie. You and your family will love it!
When a toy-stealing bully ruins recess for a playground full of kids, only one thing stands in his way: the “Lost and Found” box.
LOU is the short that ran with CARS 3 when it was in theaters. I always love the shorts PIXAR makes for their movies. This one is no exception. I love that it tells a complete story in such a short amount of time and without any speaking parts. It’s so simple that even little ones will understand it, but it’s shown in a way that adults will love too.
CARS 3 Blu-ray bonus features
The CARS 3 combo pack has hours of bonus content for you to enjoy.
Behind the Scenes
- Generations: The Story of CARS 3- This content talks about Lightning figuring out who he is now in the era of the “next-gen” cars like Jackson Storm.
- Let’s Get Crazy: This part is really fun to watch! The artists and writers talk about going to a “Crazy 8” demolition derby for inspiration. They also talk a lot about the details in these scenes that people will probably never notice. You would almost have to go frame by frame to catch all the awesome and hilarious graphics here. Be sure to watch this feature just so you can appreciate the hard work that goes into the making of a PIXAR film.
- Cars to Die(Cast) For: If you are a collector, you’ll really appreciate this! And I thought Kyle had a lot of CARS collectibles… These people have thousands! They share Take5aDay.com where you can find out more about these collectibles.
- Legendary: This is one of my favorite parts of the bonus features because they talk about the VERY early days of racing. If you didn’t know, racing began with the “rum runners” during Prohibition. It is very cool. I asked my dad if he knew any of the guys from the early days. He knew a lot about Junior Johnson who did begin by outrunning the law! My dad grew up with a racetrack in his backyard, The Midvale Speedway, in Midvale, Ohio. He loves NASCAR, and this bonus feature would definitely appeal to a NASCAR fan.
- World’s Fastest Billboard: If you know about racing, you know the cars and drivers have sponsors. Well, in the CARS movies, the graphics on the cars are a part of the character. They’re more than just their sponsor names. They tell a lot about who that character is. You’ve got to watch this part for more about details you’ll never notice otherwise!
More Bonus Material
This part gives you a fly through Thomasville, Florida International Speedway and Rusteze Training Center.
My First Car
You’ll hear a little about the first cars three of the cast and crew owned.
- A Green Car on the Red Carpet
- Old Blue
- Still in the Family
- The Boogie Woogie: Cruz’s good luck dance
- Lug Nuts
- Jars of Dirt (this is in the movie but with a twist)
- The Bolt
- More than New Paint
All of the trailers made for CARS 3 are in this section.
- Cars D’oeuvres
- Lightning McQueen
- Cruz Ramirez
- Jackson Storm
CARS 3 Coloring Pages and Games
Be sure to visit my other CARS 3 posts for coloring pages, games, and activities. Don’t miss my CARS 3 viewing party post! You and your kids can have a great time watching the movie while having some great snacks!
Like CARS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarCars/
Follow CARS 3 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pixarcars
Follow CARS 3 on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pixarcars/
Subscribe to the Disney/Pixar YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyPixar
Visit the official CARS 3 website here: http://movies.disney.com/cars-3