If you haven’t seen THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2 yet, get to the theater! I know it’s still playing around here, but if you can’t make it, you’re in luck. THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2 Digital release is coming August 13 with the 4K Ultra, Blu-ray and DVD following August 27! It is such a funny movie! You can hop over to my review post to see what I thought of it!
The Secret Life of Pets 2 Digital, Blu-ray and DVD
From Illumination, the studio that brought you the original Despicable Me, Minions and Sing franchises, the highly anticipated follow up to the hit animated film led by a star-studded comedic cast reunites all of our favorite Pets and their growing families in a new chapter that explores the deep bond between them and the humans that love them.
Bonus Features on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital
- Mini Movies
- Minion Scouts – When Margo, Agnes and Edith return from Badger Scout camp, three of the Minions are entranced by the girls’ merit badges. Their own attempt at scout camp results in attracting a bear, eating poison berries and eventually blowing up a dam, creating a massive flood. But, when they arrive back home, the girls share their badges, encouraging the rest of the Minions to try their hand at scouting.
DVD format includes over 75 minutes of bonus content
- Super Gidget – When Max is kidnapped by an army of squirrels, Super Gidget is the only one who can save him. It turns out that Max’s captor is a flea with the power of mind control. Gidget must use her pluckiness, strength and smarts to save her one true love…until it turns out it was all just a dream.
- The Making of the Mini Movies – Every Illumination film is accompanied by mini movies that are a production all their own. Each film’s directing partners will explore how the mini movies were made.
- Wake Up – Max and Duke have a new morning routine with Liam.
- Duke Explores the Farm – Duke has a funny interaction with a goat.\
- Snowball Karate – Snowball does his superhero warm up.
- Secret Confessions – Dogs gather to talk about their deepest secrets
A Tapestry of a Tail: The Making Of
- The plot of The Secret Life of Pets 2 involves multiple storylines ultimately coming together to create a larger than life tale. We talk with the filmmakers, editor and cast about the delicate dance of juggling multiple narratives in one movie.
How to Draw
- Hosted by Head of Story, Eric Favela, follow the step-by-step tutorial to learn to draw Max, Snowball and Chloe
Frame by Frame: How to Make a Flip Book
- In this DIY-style vignette, Head of Story Eric Favela will teach viewers about the essence of animation and how they can create their very own flip book animations at home.
- Get a closer look at your favorite characters of The Secret Life of Pets 2 with these delightful character pods that might just give away a few more pet secrets.
- Patton Oswalt – Max
- Kevin Hart – Snowball
- Eric Stonestreet – Duke
- Jenny Slate – Gidget
- Tiffany Haddish – Daisy
- Lake Bell – Chloe
- Nick Kroll – Sergei
- Dana Carvey – Pops
- Bobby Moynihan – Mel
- Harrison Ford – Rooster
A Party Fit for a Pet
- Using stop motion animation, this step-by-step guide teaches you everything you need to know to throw the very best party for your pet!
Pops’ Puppy Training School with Kevin Hart
- Join Kevin Hart as he shows off his dog training skills.
Pets Yule Log
- Sit back and relax in front of this exclusive The Secret Life of Pets 2 themed animated ‘Yule Log.’
- ‘Panda’ Lyric Video
- ‘It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day (The Secret Life of Pets 2)’ Lyric Video
EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTrA HD & BLU-RAY™
The Further Adventures of Captain Snowball (Interactive)
- This animated ‘Motion Comic’ expands the world of our furry hero, Captain Snowball. Using a ‘superhero’ comic book style and custom animation, we discover more about the secret world of our caped crusader with a little help from our viewers. At key moments in the story, the viewer is presented with a choice: left, or right? Fight or flight? Their choice determines our hero’s next move!
EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTrA HD & BLU-RAY™ & DIGITAL
My Buddy and Me
- We interview the Illumination cast and crew talking about The Secret Life of Pets 2 while holding (or trying to hold) their pets.
Pets with Jobs: A Documentary
- We find and profile animals with special jobs – a service dog that detects when its epileptic owner is about to have a seizure; ponies that provide comfort to children with cancer; police dogs that go the extra mile to catch the bad guys. Meet some of the many animals who make the world a better place every day!
Relax the Cat: The Secret Life of Pets Massage
- A professional pet masseuse shows the cast how to read signs of tension in their pet and use massage techniques to keep their furry babies relaxed and happy!
- It takes hundreds of people to make an animated movie and a lot of those people have pets that can’t wait for them to come home. This piece is dedicated to all those faithful companions.
Follow The Secret Life of Pets 2 for Digital, Blu-ray and DVD news