On Tour with Prism Book Tours
No Chance Meeting
(No Chance Love #1)
By Jaye Elliot
Christian Contemporary Romance
Paperback & ebook, 393 Pages
February 11th 2020 by Living Sword Publishing
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive compensation at no cost to you.
Alex Jennings is done with life. After losing her brother in Afghanistan, everything has collapsed around her. Getting laid off from her day job and failing in her art career, she has nowhere left to turn. She once had faith to believe that all things would work together for good, but that faith died with her brother. Now she just wants the pain to end.
Riley Conrad served thirteen years in the military until three bullets sent him home. After a year and a half of physical therapy and scraping together a living, all he wants is to live a simple life and perhaps even open the coffee shop he dreams about. However, the weight of failing his parents’ expectations doesn’t make it easy, and working as a bartender isn’t getting him anywhere fast.
Could a “chance” meeting between Alex and Riley set them both on the path God always intended?
Guest post from the author of No Chance Meeting
Thank you to Jaye Elliot for sharing this with us! I’m always curious to see how much an author is like her character.
How I am Like/Not Like My Character
Writers always leave pieces of themselves within a story. This can be especially true in regards to their main character. Here are 5 ways my main female character, Alex, and I are alike and then 5 ways we are not alike.
- Alex and I both grew up in the country and are very close to our siblings. We’re both 100% country girls with creative dreams.
- We both have a thing for guys with long hair (if they are the type who can pull it off). I’ve actually never written a main male protagonist with short hair.
- We both had unpleasant church experiences growing up that made us leery of church as adults, but both found great home churches.
- We both like meaningful and pretty tattoos.
- Like Alex, I didn’t go on my first date until I was nearly thirty.
- Unlike Alex, I have yet to meet my future husband even though I’ve wanted to get married since my late teens.
- Alex actually has a couple of tattoos. I have yet to take the plunge even though I know exactly what I would get. For a while I talked about doing it for my thirtieth birthday, but it didn’t actually happen.
- Alex is the youngest in her family with one older brother. I am the oldest and have two younger brothers.
- Though awkward, Alex is much more outgoing than I am. I could never have moved away from my family on my own like she did. The farthest I’ve ever lived from the house I grew up in is three miles. I currently live less than a mile from my parents.
- Alex went to public school and college. I was homeschooled and focused on my writing career immediately after graduating.
About the author of No Chance Meeting
Jaye Elliot is an award-winning author, country girl, and hopeless romantic at heart. She loves a good hero and will always sigh happily during the lights scene in Tangled. She writes from her home in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, which she shares with three cats she considers her kids. When not writing romance novels, she pens fantasy and adventure stories as JayeLKnight.
Enter the Tour Giveaway ENDED
One winner will receive a signed copy of No Chance Meeting, a coffee mug, a bag of chocolates, and a hand painted watercolor bookmark (US only)
Ends March 4, 2020