I don’t even know where to begin! I’ve seen CAPTAIN MARVEL twice now, and I’m ready to go again! If you’ve been to see it, I’m sure you can relate. The opening day crowd in our theater were definitely true Marvel fans. Fair warning…you’ve had about a week to watch this, so spoilers are ahead! Here are some of the best quotes and scenes from CAPTAIN MARVEL.
Best Quotes and Scenes in Captain Marvel
CAPTAIN MARVEL has tons of great scenes, profound quotes, funny quotes, and you’ll only get it if you’re a Marvel fan quotes. One of the best scenes comes even before the movie begins. Roll Marvel title sequence…and all of the photos are Stan Lee’s cameos. And the words “Thank you, Stan Lee” pop up on the screen…and the crowd goes wild. I mean I’ll bet if one person had stood, everyone would have. We all clapped and cheered. I got all teary eyed. It’s such an emotional thing to be with a bunch of people who feel like you do about Marvel. Where would we be without Stan?
Here are some of what I think are the best quotes and scenes in CAPTAIN MARVEL.
I love the ’90s
There are multiple scenes with references to ’90s pop culture, and if you aren’t too young to remember the ’90s, you will love them.
Who else shouted Blockbuster!! when they saw the above trailer with Carol landing in the Blockbuster Video store?
Good old Radio Shack where I had to go multiple times to get random cables and odd batteries and other weird stuff that you only needed in the ’90s. After Carol stumbles out of Blockbuster, she asks the security guard where she can find communications equipment.
On the wall behind Carol, when she’s just been “caught” by Fury, you can see Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie posters, Rock the Vote, and The Foo Fighters.
In addition to the band posters, you can also see Carol wearing a Nine Inch Nails shirt, a GNR shirt, and a Heart shirt. The entire soundtrack is awesome ’90s music (all female bands or artists).
Troll dolls make an appearance here, and I couldn’t help fondly remembering Yondu! There’s a Nerf Gun, Space Invaders, Centipede and a Game Boy. A Fonz lunch box plays a pivotal role in the movie…I bet you’d never think you’d read those words.
Oh, the good old ’90s technology. Carol uses a computer at an internet cafe and the search engine is Alta Vista…never used it, but it was a thing. Pagers…you knew that one was coming right? I mean, Fury does page Carol at the end of INFINITY WAR. An AOL password is mentioned. The phone booth…are those even a thing anymore?…where Carol is cut off by a recording telling her to put in her number if she wants to continue the long distance call.
Play This or That: ’90s Edition
More stuff I loved in Captain Marvel
This feels like a tease since I loved it all, but besides all of the ’90s stuff, here are a few more things I loved.
- Little Carol getting back up again…no matter how many times she fell, she was determined, and she didn’t stay down. What an amazing example for girls. We might fall down many times, but we don’t have to stay down.
- Carol’s willingness to listen and discern truth. When Carol was “rescued” by the Kree, she was brainwashed to believe that the Skrulls were awful. How often do we really listen to someone we don’t agree with? How often are we willing to take time to discern the truth? When Carol finally hears the truth, she looks at the facts and realizes that she was wrong.
- The Skrulls won me over. Their scenes are awesome. This beach scene was hilarious. “This one’s taken.” Talos is one of my new favorite Marvel characters. I hope he’s in more movies because he steals the scene every time he’s in one.
- Higher further faster, baby.
- Goose. Goose is a Flerken! All of these people whining that Fury lost his eye because of a cat scratch have serious issues. Goose’s threat level was extremely high! When Fury says he’ll be fine, it’s just a scratch, Talos looks at Maria and shakes his head like “Ain’t no way he’s gonna be fine! That’s a Flerken scratch!”
- Carol absorbing the power of the core.
- When Carol finally realizes that the Kree have been keeping her power in check, and she rips the thing off of her neck and shows that her “human weakness” was actually the thing that made her strong. More lessons! Don’t let anyone hold you back, and never feel like you are weak because you are different.
- Finally, the mid-credit scene! Yasss! “Where’s Fury?”
Best quotes in Captain Marvel
Carol: (When Fury tosses her the hat) What is this?
Fury: It’s a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo.
Carol: Does announcing your identity with branded clothing, help with the covert part of the job?
Fury: …said the space soldier who’s wearing a rubber suit.
Maria: You call me ‘young lady’ again, I’ll shove my foot up somewhere it’s not supposed to be.
Talos: Am I supposed to guess where that is?
Carol: I’m kind of done with you telling me what I can’t do.
Fury: Coulson. New guy. Guess he doesn’t hate me yet.
Fury: Grunge is a good look for you.
Also Fury: (make up your mind, will you?) Lose the flannel.
Carol: I have nothing to prove to you.
And the ones that I already mentioned in my favorite scenes too. I could go on and on about how much I loved CAPTAIN MARVEL, but I want to know what YOU thought. What go you think were the best quotes and scenes from CAPTAIN MARVEL? Are you ready to see it again? Okay, let’s go.
Like CAPTAIN MARVEL on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaptainMarvelOfficial/
Follow CAPTAIN MARVEL on Twitter: https://twitter.com/captainmarvel
Follow CAPTAIN MARVEL on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/captainmarvelofficial/
Visit the official CAPTAIN MARVEL site here: https://www.marvel.com/movies/captain-marvel